The Edith Farnsworth House is located approximately 58 miles southwest of Chicago in Plano, Illinois along the Fox River. Due to increased congestion and construction, allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago to accommodate detours and construction traffic.
We encourage booking your tour in advance online. Interior tours are limited to 15 guests at a time and we cannot guarantee availability to walk-in guests. Ground access tickets are available to walk-in guests during business hours. Grounds access does NOT include an interior tour of or entry to the Edith Farnsworth House.
- Regular season runs March 17th–November 20th, 2022.
- Hours: WED – SUN | 9:30am – 3:30pm.
- Refer to Tours & Tickets for additional tour information, including date and time availability.
- Interior photos are strictly prohibited at this time. Please review our Photography Policy before your visit.
- Closed Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day.
- Allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago.
- There’s limited departure options compared to those from the city–please keep that in mind when arranging your transportation.
- Backpacks, camera bags, and/or large bags are not allowed inside Farnsworth House or the Barnsworth Gallery.
- Be advised that pets are NOT allowed on the tours, and there is no shady area to leave them at our Visitor Center. Registered service dogs are authorized.
- Smoking is prohibited on the property. (This includes e-cigarettes, juuls, etc.)
Tickets are required and can be purchased online or by phone at 630.552.0052. The Farnsworth House is located on a 55 acre secured private estate. During most of the year it cannot be seen from the road. The only legal access to the property is through one of the tour options. All visitors must check-in at our Visitor Center to receive a wristband. All visitors are required to wear their wristband while on the property.
Parking is available at the Visitor Center. Public transportation and other options are also available.